1. This movie is largely about Books and the power of reading in the midst of Nazi Germanys efforts to ban books and learning. What messages about books and learning can we apply to today’s world?
2. Why are books so important? Why do you think the first step in Nazi and fascist regimes is to ban them?
3. What books (or films) have impacted you in a significant way? Have you seen efforts to “ban” any books that you really love?
4. This movie, like JoJo Rabbit, is from the perspective of children. How does the influence from Lisle’s family, her books, etc, conflict with the influence from the Nazi regime?
5. What scenes from the movie stood out to you?