1. Let’s discuss the scene where as a young kid, Chiron asks what the f word means. What can we learn from this about internalized homophobia?
2. Let’s discuss drug addiction and the calculated introduction of crack into black neighborhoods to fill prisons (for modern day slavery).
3. Why do we have so little black queer representation in film?
4. How do you think being queer differs depending on your race? What experiences might a black queer person have that a white queer person would not?
5. In what does this film display the concept of intersectionality?